Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Media Impact Forum: Innovation for the Next Four Years
Friday, January 25, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (PST)
Join funders, technologists, media makers and social innovators for a daylong meeting to explore the next stage of media and technology funding. Following the discussions join us for a reception and tour at the d.school.
This event (for funders) is presented by Media Impact Funders and sponsored by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Innovation is at the heart of social change, and rapid changes in media and technology are driving monumental shifts in how we learn about the world, share our experiences, take action and filter information.
Connect with colleagues from ZeroDivide, The California Endowment and the Knight, Mozilla, Tides and Wyncote Foundations and many other funders as we learn from change-makers and funders who are accelerating these shifts in a range of areas - from design-thinking and public media experimentation to social media and advocacy communications.
Sessions (subject to change):
- The Long View - Investing for Sustainable Social Returns
- What's Next - Discovering Innovation and Nurturing Social Entrepreneurs
- Turning the Page in Journalism - Solutions Journalism Network
- Evolution of Storytelling - Harnessing Inspiration, Focusing Action
- What's Next in Public Media Investing - Public Media Accelerator
- Jay Backstrand, Founder and Board Member, VolunteerMatch, and Director, JP Morgan Private Bank
- Neal Baer, Producer and writer (ER; Law and Order, SVU; and documentary Studio H
- Greg Baldwin, President, VolunteerMatch
- Jim Bettinger, Director, Knight Journalism Fellowships at Stanford University
- David Bornstein, New York Times columnist and noted author of How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas.
- Laura Efurd, Vice President and Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, ZeroDivide
- Leetha Filderman, Preident of PopTech
- Corey Ford, CEO and Partner at Matter Ventures, a $2.5 million incubator launched by the Public Radio Exchange, KQED and funded by the Knight Foundation.
- Mary Lou Fulton, Senior Program Manager at The California Endowment
- Dave Glassco, Director, Participatory Culture Foundation and Mother Jones
- Wendy Hanamura, Vice President, Strategy and General Manager, Link TV
- Beth Kanter, author, Measuring the Networked Nonprofit
- Steve Katz, Publisher of Mother Jones
- Ralph King,Founder, Hawkview Pictures / Producer and Co-Director, Extreme by Design
- Judith Kleinberg, Program Director at the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Jessamyn Lau, Program Leader, Peery Foundation
- Annie Leonard, Story of Stuff
- Jigar Mehta, Director of Operations, Matter Ventures
- Ben Moskowitz, Mozilla Foundation
- Josh Nesbit, CEO of Medic Mobile and 2009 PopTech Social Innovation Fellow
- Willa Seldon, Partner at The Bridgespan Group
- Carol Varney, Executive Director of Bay Area Video Coalition
This is a funders-only forum.
For more information contact email@example.com.
Media Impact Funders is committed to advancing the field of media arts and public interest media funding. Media Impact Funders serves as a resource for grantmakers who fund media content, infrastructure, and policy, those who employ media to further their program goals as well as a collaborative network for funders who wish to learn more about media.
When & Where
Media Impact Funders
200 West Washington Square, Suite 220
Philadelphia, PA 19106